Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Art and Such

I really wish that I could draw or have some method of artistically putting my feelings down. I see the way that others do it and it seems so easy, and for them it sortta is but for me is virtually impossible. Even when I come up with an idea and can have it completely visualized in my head I do not have the raw talent to put it down into a piece of paper for all to see. For instance now I have this idea for a series of drawings or sketches that would be able to perfectly portray my feelings but, try as I may (and believe I did just try), I cannot get what I want to appear on the paper. I think I'll give it another try when I'm able to give it more character by adding some colour, but I don’t think that even that will be enough. Seeing as my sketches may never see the light of day I'll describe them to you. The first is displayed at the center, it portrays and red, tactfully drawn brain, with rays of light emitting from it. In the background, so far so that they are almost obscured by the brain lay a naked man and woman locked in an embrace, with the light of the brain shining on them, all of this done on a sky blue background. The second (I'll explain the meaning of the whole series when I'm done. The second one is darker, dark blue back ground, with another brain in the foreground; this one however is far from being happily drawn in crude and very detailed. The colour of it is a dark yellow that gets darker as it moves from left to right. Behind the brain lays a pool of blood with a spotlight on it in the lower left corner. It is this spotlight that causes the brain to be darker and it moves right. The blood also becomes darker, eventually turning darker then even the dark blue background. The third, and the last one that I've come up with at this point is another brain this one green, and if you can imagine a brain with a furrowed brow, this has one. It's illuminated both from behind and from the left, so the foreground right tends to be pretty dark green. Behind the brain a fire rages unchecked an uncontrolled, illuminating but not engulfing the brain. This entire one is done on a brick red backdrop like one would find in a cave of some sorts.
The meanings of these three paintings go hand in hand and are all interpretations of myself. In the first painting the feeling of love and desire are portrayed. Love is the brain and the light emanating from shows the feeling of joy when love is achieved. The couple in their embrace represents desire; they are illumined by the love and are over shadowed by it. In the second painting fear and pain are represented. Fear is the brain hiding from the light, which is cast from the brain of love. For this is the representation of my feelings that love is the only thing that fear is afraid of, wherever love shines fear cannot exist, but where love does not exist fear will take over. The blood represents pain. I drew 23 drops, one for each year of my life, they grow more consistent as they move towards the light of love, but larger and thicker the more they hide under the brain of fear. The third painting represents jealousy and anger. The green brain being the green eyed monster of jealousy and the fire being the anger. The furrowed brows of the brain are aimed and the brain of love which is illuminating it and causing the fires of anger to flair up and grow stronger and brighter which, if left this way will eventually be bright enough to eclipse the light from love, so only anger will illuminate jealousy and love will be forgotten. Finally I'll explain why brains? This is probably the most personal and the most difficult to explain. The brain symbolizes intelligence; the colours of the brains represent the various ways that intelligence can be corrupted. By existing in the foreground they play the key role in the paintings because without intelligence love would not be possible, and neither would pain, fear, anger or jeulesy, because all of them required the light shown from love to be understood. I also put them in to show the superiority of intelligence to the others as they can only exist through thoughts and intelligence.
There, that’s a rather detailed description of what I'd paint if I could, if any of you can paint and would like to use this as an idea, feel free to do so, you can even take all the credit for the idea if you like, just do me a favour and scan in a copy of the paintings and post me a message so that I can go and see them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home